Bexley uses the Aesop (Automated Electronic Substitute Placement Program software) system to schedule substitute or guest teachers. Those interested in applying to substitute in Bexley City Schools must complete the online application process through the ESCCO (Educational Service Center of Central Ohio): visit here; select “New Substitutes” and select the substitute teaching application, “Job ID: 3955." Classroom aides are also processed through this system; Click here for more info.
- Minority applicants encouraged to apply
- Successful experience working with diverse populations
- Capacity to maximize the cultural capital of their students
- Experience with effective implementation of culturally relevant pedagogy (CRP)
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and trust within diverse communities
- Ability to make content understandable and culturally relevant
- Ability to motivate and engage diverse students
Position is not part of the classified bargaining unit. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred. 2 – 3 years’ experience in payroll or related field, ideally in a school district setting. Intermediate or above skills in Excel and Word. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send letter of interest, resume, and copies of transcripts to Kyle Smith, Treasurer/CFO, at email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on January 19, 2017.
In Search of SubsSubstitute employees are always welcome in Bexley City Schools. Please share your skills and talents and serve our students when our regular staff members need to be away.
Subs in the Food Services area work two or three hours during lunch times at all three school buildings. Food Services is always seeking upbeat, team oriented, people to serve our students. Apply though the Central Office (614-231-7611) or by contacting Amy Nance.For details about being a Substitute Custodian, contact Bobby Moore (614-231-7611, ext. 5392). To learn about becoming a Substitute Driver, contact Art Banks (614-405-6876).