BHS School Announcements
Announcements for Friday 3-17-17
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Women’s History Month Fact: Rosa Parks Was Arrested for Civil Disobedience, December 1, 1955.
Rosa Parks stood up for what she believed, or rather, sat down for what she believed. On the evening of December 1, 1955, Parks, an African American, chose to take a seat on the bus on her ride home from work. Because she sat down and refused to give up her seat to a white passenger, she was arrested for disobeying an Alabama law requiring black people to relinquish seats to white people when the bus was full. (Blacks also had to sit at the back of the bus.) Her arrest sparked a 381-day boycott of the Montgomery bus system. It also led to a 1956 Supreme Court decision banning segregation on public transportation.
- Monday, March 27, is Club Picture Day. The Photo site is the Piazza. Rain site is the gym. The schedule is in your email, @ Bexleo.org, and will be posted in your classroom and around the school. That’s right, first day after spring break Bexleo is taking your club pictures. You will NOT be called down over the P.A. system. You’re expected to show up at the time your picture is scheduled. You can do this!
- On Tuesday, March 28, all seniors will get their picture taken in the Community Room during their study hall, lunch time, late arrival or early dismissal time. These photos will be used to create a group photo of all seniors together in the Cap & Gowns. It sounds dumb but the photo actually looks great. Talk to any senior on Bexleo for verification. If you want to buy a print, you must have payment with you at the photo session.
- Congratulations to the following students whose artwork has been selected for the 2017 Ohio Governor's Youth art exhibition: Mia Cariello's digital painting will be on display in the regional show at the McConnell Arts Center in Worthington. Sophie Paul's mixed media painting will be on display in the state show at the Ohio Department of Education.
- TODAY is the last day to buy a Yearbook at the low, low price of $60! Go to http://bexleo.org/ to buy your yearbook today! Prices increase after Friday.
- The environthon teams will cram TODAY in Mr. Logsdon's room at lunch. Please bring your signed forms.
- On Friday, March 31st, there will be a Teacher vs Student Trivia Tournament in the library during lunch! It costs $5 to play or $3 to watch, and food will be provided! The top-scorers from each team will each receive $10 gift cards to Graeters. All money earned will go to For The Kids, an organization that raises money to support kids with cancer being treated at Nationwide Children's Hospital. There is a sign-up sheet in the library.
- Any girls interested in playing volleyball next fall, there will be a volleyball open gym in the high school on Sunday, March 26th from 6-8 pm.
Bexleo Club Picture Day
Location: Piazza (Inclement weather site: Gym)
Monday, March 27
Art Club -- Groot
Speech & Debate--O'Reilly
Women's Empowerment Club--Blosser
Gay Straight Alliance--Blosser
Lamplight & Write Club--Hemmelgarn
Poetry Out Loud--Nolan
National Honor Society--Lilly
M Factor--Chrysler & Washburn
Student of the Week:
A leader in the classroom and on the field, this outstanding senior’s commitment to learning has earned him praise from all of his teachers. Underneath his quiet demeanor burns a fierce dedication to excellence that explains why we think he truly embodies what it means to be a student of the week. The Social Studies Department congratulates Nick de la Cruz!
Updated at 7:03 AM
Updated at 6:44 AM
Updated at 6:26 AM
Updated at 5:32 AM
Updated at 5:19 AM
Posted at 6:00 AM
Updated at 7:36 AM
Updated at 6:38 AM
Updated at 5:58 AM
Updated at 5:52 AM
Updated at 5:44 AM
Updated at 12:12 AM