BHS School Announcements
Announcements for Friday, 2-24-17
A message from Dr. Williams: Attention students or anyone else who hangs posters and flyers. You absolutely must not hang anything on our permanent displays of student. The masking tape, posters, and flyers are not only obscuring the view of the art, but also permanently damaging the surfaces of these objects. Respect art.
Black History Month Fact of the Day: On this day in 1864 Rebecca Lee Crumpler became the first African American woman to become a medical doctor in the United States. Her book called A Book of Medical Discourses was one of the first written by an African American about medicine.
Have you bought a yearbook yet? They’re on sale for only $60 until Spring Break! Go to Bexleo.com and buy a treasure trove of memories today, just like 400 of your classmates have done!
- Bexley GSA meets in Ms. Blosser's room for all of lunch. Members new and old are welcome. Come if you want to talk about any particular issues, or just want to spend time with friends in a safe place.
- Oh, Seniors! We’re looking forward to your Senior Quotes & Activities, which are due at the end of the month, which is this coming Tuesday. Don’t be that person who has a blank space beneath their senior yearbook portrait. Check your email and get your quote & activities in soon!
- Order your Sleep Out shirt by the end of TODAY and have a chance at winning free Chipotle!
- The Red Cross Blood Drive is TODAY.
- BOOK Club is reading The Secret History by Donna Tart. It’s an amazing novel! Mr. T finished in 3 days. You want to read this book! Pick up your copy in the library today! Lyle, Peter & Will are reading it! You should, too!
- Bexley Public Library is hosting another Poetry Writing Workshop with Thurber House on Monday, March 6 focused on the "Sounds & Songs of the Harlem Renaissance." Thurber House is partnering with the Columbus Jazz Arts Group for this teen poetry workshop. Jazz Arts Group will give a brief background of music from the Harlem Renaissance, complete with an instrumental demonstration. Then Thurber House will discuss poetry of the era and help participants write some of their very own. This workshop is for students, grades 6-12 and seats are limited. Students or parents can register online or by calling (614) 231-2878.
Wrestlers are @ Whitehall tonight!
Boy Hoopsters are @ Watterson Monday.
Student of the Week:
Because she is involved in multiple areas of the Music Department (Band, Women’s Chorale, & Vocal Ensemble); because she is an outstanding section leader and three-year member of Chorale; because her passion for music has driven her to study private voice; because she is very active in the HS musicals both at BHS & as part of her youth group at Bexley United Methodist Church; because of her outstanding work ethic, dedication & superb musicianship; and because of how kind and thoughtful she is when working with her peers—the Fine Arts Department hereby recognizes Leah Stevenson as the Student of the Week on this twenty-first day of February, 2017. Congratulations, Leah, on your many accomplishments and on all you do for Bexley High School!