BHS School Announcements
Announcements for Wednesday, 4-26-17
- Book Club will discuss Ender’s Game at its final meeting next month. Pick up a copy today in your friendly neighborhood library!
- Seniors, if you missed picking up your graduation order from Jostens yesterday, see Mrs. Ferguson in the high school office during study hall or at lunch time.
- A reminder that students in this year’s Youth Philanthropy Program will have a program evaluation meeting on Thursday, April 27 during the first part of lunch in the Community Room. Applications for rising juniors and seniors who want to participate in YPP next year are due to the BEF office by Friday, May 5.
- JSU will meet today at lunch time in Room 4265.
- Bring order form and money by today at 3:15! Would the following students please see Ms. Mallory after the announcements: Austin Smith, Jake Brigdon and Anson Warren? Thank you to all of the freshmen who sold flowers and bulbs; I very much appreciate your efforts!
- Key club meeting tomorrow!! All are welcome! We’ll revel in the success of our Harry Potter fundraiser!
- Classics club tomorrow! Woo! Hoo!! In Latin that’s “celebramus”
- Bexley Sleep Out meets TODAY first half of lunch in Miss Schotty's room to discuss leadership positions and elections for next year.
- SPANISH CLUB: meets TOMORROW in Profe’s room. We’re planning a GRAN FIESTA LATINA for the whole school with games, Latin Jazzercise and churros! ¡Hasta pronto!
- Talent show auditions start are underway. Let Maddie Marsh or Mr. Featherstone know if you are interested in performing.
- The Lamplight Arts Magazine is accepting submissions through May 5th! Submit your creative work: writing, comics, art, poetry, nonfiction. college admission essays, etc. If you have created it and are proud of it, we will publish it! Submit as many items as you would like to email@example.com. The magazine will be published by the end of the school year.
- The Orchestra’s Senior Showcase Concert is TOMORROW at 7:00 p.m. in the HS auditorium. Our soloist for the evening will be violinist Zeenat Tabaku, and the orchestra will be performing selections by Mozart, Janacek, and Prokofiev. Please join us for an outstanding evening of music!
- Girls Lacrosse vanquished Hartley 13-11 yesterday behind Grace Maley’s 7 goals & Kate Bridge’s 3 birthday scores. Tessa Ziegler had 7 crucial saves for the lions.
- Bexley Ultimate Frisbee defeated Grove City 10-8 yesterday. Brett Lauerhass had 3 points and Teddy Mcytire made an incredible diving catch!
- There will be open mats in the wrestling room today starting at 6 p.m. Stop in whenever you can.
- Tennis & Baseball vs West Jeff; East Jeff is off today
- Boys Track & Field @ Whetstone
- Boys Lacrosse squares off against St. Charles today. They need your support!
Cheer Clinics: (located in the HS gym)
9th GRADE (incoming)
Wednesday- Friday, May 10-12, 4-6pm & Monday, May 15 4-6pm
ALL OTHER GRADES
Monday-Thursday, May 15-18, 4-6pm
Cheer Try Outs: (located in the high school gym)
9th GRADE (incoming)
Monday, May 15th 6pm
ALL OTHER GRADES
Friday, May 19th 4-6pm
TRY OUT PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC OFFICE!
Student of the Week:
The Math Department's student of the week is being recognized as an outstanding example of growth and excellence in the math classroom. This student started his mathematical journey at the high school as a 7th grader in Honors Geometry. Each year he got stronger and stronger mathematically, ultimately exhausting every course in BHS's mathematics flow chart. One math teacher recently commented that this individual's work and logic is so clear, thorough, and easy to understand that it could be used to teach others. He demonstrates passion for the subject, as well as perseverance and determination. He is an exceptional mathematician, a talented runner, and we have enjoyed watching him mature into an incredible individual. The BHS Student of the Week is Peter Hayden! Congratulations, Peter!